It’s the most wonderful time of year! So many happenings get packed into December but also so many opportunities to find local artisans and small businesses that you might not know of, otherwise. We encourage and challenge the community to shop local and shop small businesses this holiday season, especially, when purchasing online comes with a risk of stock availability and delivery.
Also, consider a Tuesday or Wednesday night dinner out to a local restaurant, to avoid the weekend crowds and support a business on an often less-busy evening. They’ll be excited to see you and welcome the mid-week business!
Below are a few events in the Lake Norman area (and some beyond) to add to your calendar this month…
- December 2-4: Christmas in Davidson, 6-9pm, one of our favorite events to kick-off the season. It’ll be a little different this year, so check out the schedule in the link.
- December 5: Christmas in Cornelius in downtown Cornelius at Town Hall, 12pm-6pm. Vendors, live music, holiday activities, food trucks, and breweries. Want to give creative, unique gifts this season while supporting a local small business? Visit the event and walk the local shops on Catawba or Main St to find eveything you need.
- December 5: Christmas in Huntersville, 2-8pm at Veterans Park. “Shop a variety of artisan vendors, local food and beverages vendors while enjoying performances from some of your community musicians, dance and choir groups. Santa will be onsite too!”
- December 10: A Classic Christmas in Mooresville, 6-9pm in downtown Mooresville. “Head Downtown for visits with Santa; carolers crooning; an ice-skating rink; live performances; a life-sized snow globe; hot cocoa, sweets & treats; an animated projected light show; 175,000+ dancing lights; plus loads of family & friends fun! The Classic Christmas Event is one not to miss! 6-9pm (Ice Skating begins at 5PM: cost for skating is $2 per person; 4 & under free)”
- December 11: Huntersville Market Days at Primal Brewing, 1-6pm
- December 11: Pop-up Artisan Market at OTPH in Cornelius, 11am-4pm
- December 18: Third Annual LKN Lighted Christmas Boat Parade, 5:30-7pm. Starting at Blythe Landing to Ramsey Creek Park and then to the Duke Energy Explorium. “The parks will be open until 30 minutes AFTER the parade has passed each location.”
- December 18: D9 LKN Christmas Market, 2-6pm. “…get your last minute gifts right here from Charlottes most creative handmade artists and vendors! Shop local, shop handmade!” Also, pop-up markets at Summit Coffee and Primal Brewing.
- Weekends in December: OMB Christmas Market, German-style Christmas Village is always a good time and some unique Charlotte vendors tend to show up (Dec 3-5, 10-12, 17-19)
- All December: Lights at the Speedway at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Drive-thru light display $30-40 per car. Runs Nov 19-Jan 16.
Know of anything we missed? We also try to share event posts on the Facebook page so be sure to follow and keep up with them there.
We love to support local businesses, events, and the community as a whole. Feel free to share this list & enjoy!
Love Lake Norman and want more? Check out our Half-Priced Wines by Night around Lake Norman post. We try to keep it updated but if it would pain you to pay full price, confirm before you go!