First of all, this is not all the events but I think these are some of the top ones in the area. I will be updating this post throughout the month, so check back here often and make sure you are connected on Facebook.
2nd Friday at Oak Street Mill in Cornelius, NC
- 2nd Friday of every month, December 12th, 6-10pm
- Cornelius’ Art Crawl presented by Bella Love
- Art, Live Music/performances, Food Trucks, business specials, local craft beer & wine (indoor for the colder months)
- December 13th, 4-8pm
- Santa, stories from Mrs. Clause, letter writing to Santa, crafts, entertainment, Polar Express & more. Check it out.
- Now – December 30th
- Drive the track at Lowes Motor Speedway and view over 3 million lights in over 800 displays
- Enjoy an infield Christmas Village every Thursday – Sunday night
- Go for Movie Night on Friday or Saturday nights
- 12/12-12/13: National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
- 12/19-12/20: A Christmas Story
- 12/21-12/24 & 26-27: Frozen
Christmas Town USA – McAdenville, NC
- Now – December 26th
- M-F 5:30-9:30pm, Sat & Sun 5:30 – 11pm
- The entire town is lit up for Christmas. Drive through the town and enjoy the tiny town with a ton of lights.
Christmas at the Library – The Billy Graham Library
- Now – December 23rd
- M – Th 5 – 9pm, F-Sat 5 – 10pm
- Live nativity, caroling, Christmas Story, carriage rides, lights
- They also have a Christmas Dinner Thur – Sat. Check out their website for details.
- December 4-6, 6-9pm each night
- Parade at 1pm on 12/6
- Enjoy a live nativity complete with a live camel and other animals. Carriage rides, shop & restaurants are packed, booths on the green, shows to enjoy, crafts & so much more. We adore Christmas in Davidson and look forward to it every year.
German Christmas Market at Olde Mecklenburg Brewery
- December 4-6 (4 to 9pm Thursday and Friday, 2pm to 10pm Saturday)
- I am a huge fan of Christmas Markets in Europe so I hope this lives up to my expectations.
Candlelight Christmas at Latta Plantation
- December 6, 6-9pm
- Tour the plantation by candlelight and visit the Live Nativity
- Admission is $8 Adults, $7 Seniors & Students, ages 5 and under free.
Lights on the Square – Uptown Tree Lighting
- December 4th, 5:30-8pm
- Tree lighting at 6:30pm
- Pictures with Santa and all of the ACC Football mascots
- Live performances, shopping, tasting and raffles inside Founders Hall at The Square
December Events Around Charlotte & Lake Norman