It seems since we have an extra week between Thanksgiving & Christmas, everyone (town) wants to have their Christmas events the very first weekend in December. I guess that leaves the other weekends for the work and friend parties…yay! Get out and enjoy some of the festivities and love this place we live. Let’s wrap up 2017 achieving all the goals we made back in January and ready to roar with new ones in 2018. Cheers to a happy, stress-free holiday season.
1. Christmas in Davidson
- November 30th – December 2nd, 6-9pm
- Parade is Saturday, Dec 1, beginning at 1:30pm through Main St Downtown Davidson to Downtown Cornelius
- Horse-drawn carriage rides, carolers, live nativity (with a camel!), Santa, crafts for kids, shows/entertainment, food, shopping, & live music
- Stop by the Rotary Trees and vote on your favorite decorated tree to contribute to local charities.
- Check out the event guide to map out your time perfectly
- Also happening this month: Christmas in Cornelius – December 3rd, noon-6pm at Oak Street Mill & Downtown Cornelius & Huntersville Christmas – December 2nd, 2-8pm in Downtown Huntersville.
- A lot of entertainment and kid’s activities while you shop local vendors for unique gifts
2. Lighted Boat Parade on Lake Norman
- December 9th
- at The Peninsula Yacht Club
- 5pm concessions open, 6pm Santa arrives by fireboat, 6:15pm parade begins
3. Weihnachtsmarkt at OMB
- First 3 weekends in December, Friday 4-9pm, Saturday 2-9pm
- at Olde Mecklenburg Brewery
- This is OMB’s version of a traditional German Christmas Market and it is pretty great.
- Gluhwein, tons of local vendors set up with gifts and baked goods & OMB’s best seasonal beers…hello, Yule Bock!
- Yule Bock releases December 1st