Hello, February! One month down in 2017 and this month we’re working to spread some love, we hope you’ll join us in these efforts. We’re hoping to laugh during the Super Bowl commercials and enjoy a great game…should be a good one! There are many Valentine’s Day (and Anti-Valentine’s Day) events in the next few weeks…if you choose to celebrate or not, we hope you’ll participate in our V-day giveaway (more on that below).
If you have the urge to participate in a polar plunge this year, 2/11 seems to be a great day for it all around the city. Brrrrrrr! CIAA tournament will fill Uptown on the 24th-26th. Then Mardi Gras celebrations will be the following week. This month is not lacking things to do, that’s for sure.
Check out our top picks for the Charlotte & Lake Norman area in February 2017…
1. Valentines Day
- Saturday, 2/11 – Cupid’s Undie Run x Cycler in Cornelius – maybe one of the most interesting events & it’s just a mile 🙂
- Most local vineyards will be hosting a wine/dinner night on 2/11, reservations required
- Zipline & Dine: Valentine’s Day Edition at the U.S. National Whitewater Center on 2/11, buy tickets now
- Valentine’s Dinner and a Show at The Comedy Zone Lake Norman on 2/14, buy tickets now
- A few options for ya…and there are many more!
- ***Now, about that Valentine’s Day Dinner Giveaway we’ve mentioned…
- Keep watch of our Facebook page between now and February 10th
- Follow the directions on the Giveaway posts
- Like & Share us with your friends
- One winner will be selected on 2/10 for a dinner for 2 at a Lake Norman restaurant on 2/14, reservations already made!
- Cheers & good luck. Thanks for spreading the love!
2. Mardi Gras/Carnival
- Fat Tuesday celebrations all around town – watch the FB page for these updates
- Do you have your King Cake yet? You can find some right here in Charlotte! No need to ship one in…check out:
- Suarez Bakery has some you can pre-order through 3/4/17, allow 48 hours notice
3. Rhythm & Brews
- **this event is technically in March, but you need to get your tickets NOW!
- March 4th, 2017 | 7pm – 10:30pm | at The Peninsula Club
- $100 per person – buy your tickets online HERE
- benefiting Pat’s Place Child Advocacy Center
- Four local breweries & tap houses will serve their awesome craft BREWS – Birdsong, D9, Bayne & OTPH
- Heavy Hors D’oeuvres will be served
- Wine included, cash bar for liquor drinks
- An amazing surprise this year with a LOCAL band for the best RHYTHM
- Live auction & silent auction
- This is a casual event! What better way to round out Mardi Gras week than to support a local charity and party with 300 friends, neighbors & influencers in the community?
- ****Fan of Buffalo Trace & OFC Bourbon? We have a 1983 O.F.C. Vintage Bourbon up for auction, at the end of February (before this event). Let me know if you want in on the auction & I’ll add you to the page. Valued at $10,000 & is only one of 50 bottles released in 2016 from this 1983 vintage. The bottles have only been given to non-profits around the country to raise funds. Know anyone that would be interested? SHARE SHARE SHARE!!! Auction ends February 25th, 2017. Google it: Buffalo Trace Bourbon, OFC Vintage Release or just look HERE****