So much going on in May, it was hard to choose just three…it is always hard to choose just three! However, we don’t want to be an events site, just want to highlight a few favorites. If you enjoy horse racing, I’m sure you already have your hat ready for the Kentucky Derby on May 6th. Of course, NASCAR at the end of the month with Speed Street and a ton of festivals every weekend.
Who doesn’t love this time of year? Check out our top picks for events in the Charlotte & Lake Norman area for May 2017.
1. 2nd Friday is back!
- May 12th & EVERY month on the 2nd Friday until October!
- in Old Town Cornelius at Oak Street Mill
- 6pm – 10pm
- Local Artists, Live Music, Food Trucks, Craft Beer & Wine
- Family friendly with Kid Activities
- at Smithville Park in Cornelius
- May 20th, 3pm – 9pm
- Bring a chair or blanket and enjoy friends, family and jazz
- Local art, craft beer, local wine, & food trucks
- Silent auction to benefit the Smithville Community Coalition in partnership with the YMCA’s “send-a-kid-to-camp” program
- Kid Zone – family friendly
- May 21st, 1pm-7pm
- at the Gateway Village Charlotte (by Johnson & Wales)
- this is a charity event hosted by St Anthony Foundation of Charlotte benefiting Nevins
- They changed venues this year but will likely still be one of my favorite events in Charlotte. I am a bit biased with my love of all things Italian.
- Amazing Italian food from local restaurants, silent auction, live entertainment (oh so good! Check out this video and this picture from my Instagram feed.), gelato, espresso, and SO MUCH MORE!