Cooler weather, leaves changing, bonfires, apple picking, pumpkin patches, pumpkin-flavored everything & some great festivals are calling out to you this month. October is screaming to get outside and enjoy life. To help you do that, here are our top picks this month…
- October 21st, 4-9pm
- at Bailey Road Park
- Local breweries, food trucks, kid zone & live music
- A fantastic event in Cornelius. Carpool or walk, if you can. There is a good bit of parking but traffic can be slow and heavy that day.
- A portion of the proceeds benefit Lake Norman Wildlife Conservationists.
2. Carolina BalloonFest
- October 20-22,
- at the Statesville Regional Airport
- Over 50 hot air balloons with two flights each day
- Admissions tickets and Hot Air Balloon Ride tickets are sold separately…check it out and get them early
- Entertainment, kid’s zone, crafts, craft beer, wine & so much more
- Check out the website for the details on parking, tickets & what items are permitted
3. Carolina Renaissance Festival
- Saturdays and Sundays through November 19th
- If you’ve never been, you should make a point to go this year!
- Discount tickets available at Harris Teeter. At the gate or online: $24 adult, $14 kids age 5-12
- Feast on a turkey leg, tons of entertainment including Jousting & Falconry, shopping and lots of fun