There are many events in the area planned for September as we near the Fall season and slightly cooler weather. Football, festivals, and fun. Below are just a few of our favorites for September in the Lake Norman area.
- September 4-5: Labor Day Festival/River Jam at the US Whitewater Center. Weekend full of a 5K, 15K Trail Run, Live Music, and regular activities are open. Races are in the morning, music starts at 7pm.
- September 4: Davidson’s Concerts @ the Circle 4-9pm on Jetton St the entire block outside Hop & Vine. They will have live music (Bon Jovi Tribute Band – Shot Thru the Heart), vendors, shop specials, and food trucks lined up ready to go. Also, on September 25th. Check out the link for the entire lineup through October.
- September 10: 2nd Friday Street Festival Series – Taste of the World is the theme for September! 6-10pm in downtown Cornelius at the Oak Street Mill will run through October. Live music, vendors, local breweries, kid activities, & more.
- September 18: Oktoberfest at Lost Worlds – 11am-10pm, ticketed event for 21+ only and no pets allowed. They’ll have a polka band playing and Oktoberfest fun all day long. Make sure to get a ticket. There are two dates, if you miss this one, maybe you can catch it on October 2nd. Prost!
- September 25: ‘Tawba Walk Arts & Music Festival – 2-8pm in downtown Cornelius on both sides of Catawba Avenue behind Town Hall and across the street at Oak Street Mill behind the Police Station. Two stages with live music, one on each side. Tons of vendors, kid’s zone, and food trucks. It’s twice as big as 2nd Friday and it’s worth a stop!
- September 25: Race City Festival in downtown Mooresville from 9am-5pm. Enjoy street vendors, food, games, music, & much more!
Know of anything we missed? We also share event posts on the Facebook page so be sure to follow and keep up with them there.
We love to support local businesses, events, and the community as a whole. Feel free to share this list & enjoy!