Spring time is here! Full of pollen, canker worms, beautiful flowers and perfect outdoor weather. I constantly find a reason to get out of the office and work outside, even if that just means taking the laptop to a patio somewhere. I hope you are getting out as much as you can! April brings a lot of festivals and opportunities to get out with a number of 5k runs, strawberry & wine festivals, food truck rallies & Queen’s Cup at Steeplechase. It was hard to pick only 3, but notice how I snuck in a few above 😉
Check out our top picks for the Lake Norman & Charlotte areas in April, 2016…
- The LARGEST Antique & Vintage Market Show
- Sadly, the LAST one in HISTORY, after 50 years
- March 30-April 3
- At the Metrolina Expo
- What you can expect: 98,000 square feet of indoor market space, as well as acres of outdoor vendor space. Furniture, decor, jewelry, art & so much more. Vendors and shoppers from all over the country come to this Spring Extravaganza.
- They even have on-site complementary appraisals, so bring those antiques and maybe even find a buyer!
- Whether you are in the market for anything or just want to look, it’s sure to be a packed house for many that love this event every year.
- April 16-17
- At Historic Rural Hill
- Tickets can be purchased online here
- What you can expect: Live Music, Pipebands, Highland Dancing, Historic Encampment, Heavy Athletics including Turning the Caber, Kids Games, Whiskey Tasting & plenty of kilts in the Kilted Races
- April 30th in Downtown Cornelius
- 2pm – 8pm
- Family & Pet Friendly event
- What you can expect: 80+ art and craft vendors, live local music on 2 stages, live demonstrations, 10 food trucks & frosty beverages inside Kadi in the Oak Street Mill
- This event happens only twice a year in the Spring and Fall. Always a huge crowd and a great way to hang out in the community, shop local artists & enjoy what I am sure will be a beautiful day.
- See you there!